How is Much Ado About You!™ different — and better — than a typical About page?
Well, for starters, we’re going to talk about you, but have readers be convinced we’re talking about — and to — them. This is all about the message of how you can help them, how you have just what they need, and why you stand out in a sea of competition. Our first and only goal is to help you land more customers and make more sales.
Why don’t you offer specific, pre-defined packages?
I’d love everyone to see the value of all that I offer, but I also get that small business owners have a budget, and need to prioritize. Being practical, each item is offered a la carte, but it’s really a system of building blocks that form a cohesive strategy when taken altogether. We can’t really do a bang-up job on your About page unless we’ve put in the work to create your killer Why Choose Me? messaging. Then again, additional FAQs and Case Studies can be seen as optional, incremental improvements upon the foundational work.
What is your process?
- We have an initial conversation to determine how I can help you
- I offer a package and proposal, crafted to meet your needs
- After you review the proposal and we agree on the project scope and deliverables, I send you an initial homework assignment to complete and return to me
- We have a one-hour phone call or video meeting so I can learn more about you, your work, your products or services, your story, and how you want to present yourself.
- If you have existing materials (About page, FAQs, etc), I’ll review that
- I produce a first draft of your materials
- We have another phone call or video meeting to review the first draft and get your feedback
- We go through up to 3 rounds of edits
What? Homework? I thought I was hiring you to write this for me
Relax! This will be easy. I promise! I’m just going to provide you with a whole slew of opportunities to brag about yourself, your products/services, and why you are the one for the job. Even better, you’ll get a chance to complain about your competition, and tell me what’s completely wrong with them, that you do completely right!
You can write stream-of-consciousness, bullet lists, sentence fragments — whatever works for you. I won’t be grading spelling, grammar, or punctuation. This is to give me material to use as a starting point.