How I helped a woman entering a “third act” career re-align her personal brand with her new coaching services.
After 30+ years in the world of healthcare, K wasn’t ready to retire, but was transitioning to a new career allowing her to leverage her extensive skills, continuing to help others live their best lives.
We worked together to craft messaging to answer the question “Why Choose Me?” articulating how her extensive work experience and best-in-class coaching certification made her an exceptional fit for others seeking a more healthful and balanced lifestyle. That messaging, in turn, helped us create a compelling About page, relevant FAQs and a Case Study illustrating the benefits she brings to her clients.
After a multi-decade career as a Registered Nurse, K moved to lifestyle coaching, but didn’t want to present as a current medical professional giving medical advice. Instead, she wanted to show how her past experience informed her coaching approach, coupled with her long-practiced holistic view of effective lifestyle change.
How could I help her explain her unique background to potential clients, while setting expectations of what working with her would be like?
We started with a series of discussions and exercises around:
- how she was different from her competition, and why this difference was relevant to potential clients
- the specific and unique benefits clients would receive from her, and why they should care about these benefits
- the demographics of her target audience, including their level of motivation, the areas they would want to grow in, the emotions they were likely experiencing, and the typical challenges they might be facing
We focused on her approach to creating a personalized, unique health and wellness vision, and her methodology to collaborate in creating a customized roadmap encompassing both short- and long-term goals. We were then able to present her advantages in a series of bullet points highlighting four factors: extensive relevant experience, customization far beyond a “one-size-fits-all” approach, fostering of skills to self-coach and sustain change, and her role as a source of usable + trusted information.
From there, we re-framed these advantages to explain how they translated directly to benefits for her clients.
“Partnering with Lisa in this creative process resulted in great content for my website with the unexpected bonus of making me more comfortable talking to others about who I am and what I do.”
During our time working together, we:
- fine-tuned her messaging to be consistent across all pages of her website
- crafted an About page that was not merely a laundry list of chronological achievements, but a focused message highlighting benefits to clients, supported by social proof, and a deeply personal perspective on her approach to health and wellness
- defined several FAQs that dug deep into her approach, and how it facilitates client success
- added a Case Study showing her work in action, demonstrating concrete results for a real-life case